Devolver Digital started doing Nintendo Direct-style presentations in 2020, and I think they’re addicted, considering they just used a Devolver Direct to announce the delay of 5 previously announced games, lovingly titled Devolver Delayed.
This Devolver Delayed presentation briefly said that all these games are moving to 2024 and reviewed some games still coming in 2023.
The games delayed in question are The Plucky Squire, Stick It to the Stickman, Skate Story, Anger Foot, and Pepper Grinder.
None of these games have any specific date in 2024 that they’re releasing, but you can still wishlist them on Steam or your platform of choice to get an update whenever they decide on a new release date.
The Delayed Games
The Plucky Squire
This quirky platformer and adventure game shifts between a 2D scrapbook aesthetic and a 3D wooden toy-like aesthetic.
This game looks adorable, and while it was initially announced for a vague 2023 release date on all platforms, it’s now been shifted to a vague 2024 release date on all platforms! Yeah, not much has changed.
Stick it to the Stickman
This is a very simple-looking game, using 3D models of stickmen to portray a violent beat-em-up where you must climb through the office and destroy your higher-ups.
This one was initially announced for a vague 2023 release date and only on Steam. It’s now coming in 2024, with no other platforms announced; still a PC exclusive for now.
One of the most anticipated skating games and most incredible-looking games Devolver has ever announced, Skate Story is a game about skating through the afterlife with some great music as a demon made of glass and pain.
Unfortunately, we won’t play it this year like we thought, and it’ll be coming to PC exclusively in 2024.
A very insane-looking fever dream, Anger Foot is a shooter where you kick down anything you see in your way and occasionally actually use a gun.
It has an insane aesthetic and looks incredibly overwhelming and overstimulating. While it also had a PC-exclusive 2023 release date, it’s been delayed back to 2024 with no other platforms.
If you only keep up with Devolver Directs, you may not have heard of this one, and that’s because it was announced as part of Nintendo’s Indie World.
Pepper Grinder is a platformer using a drill to burrow through the ground extremely quickly, with some guns and treasure involved. Again given a vague 2023 release date, now it’s coming to Switch and PC in 2024.
What’s Coming in 2023?
While you may have been looking forward to these five titles, plenty of Devolver Digital games are still on the menu for 2023, and they showcased them all in this Direct. Here’s every single one they showed off:
- Gunbrella is a platformer and Metroidvania featuring a gun and umbrella in a noir aesthetic, coming to PC and Switch in 2023.
- Wizard With a Gun is a Don’t Starve or Cult of the Lamb style game where you and many other players fight things off as Wizards with Guns, coming to PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X/S in 2023.
- The Talos Principle 2 is a sequel to the existentialist mind-melting puzzle game where you primarily use lasers and mirrors to solve your problems. It’s coming to PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X/S in 2023.
- The Cosmic Wheel Sisterhood is an interactive visual novel where you create cards similar to Tarot cards going through a decades-long narrative. This comes to PC and Switch in just a few days on August 16th.
- Karmazoo is a chaotic online multiplayer puzzle platformer where you need to rely on the other players around you to help out, with many different creatures and characters to play as. It’s coming soon, in 2023, to all major platforms.
- Broforce Forever is a hyper-patriotic game similar to Metal Slug or Contra from 2015, and it is inexplicably getting free DLC that is set to add a ton of content to all major platforms on August 8th, which is tomorrow.
If you’d like more coverage on Devolver’s best and some reviews, guides, and lists on these games when they finally release, stay right here for more.
- Core Keeper Announces Shimmering Frontier Update - September 22, 2023
- Hades 2 Overtakes Hollow Knight: Silksong as Most Wishlisted Steam Game - September 22, 2023
- DREDGE adds Boat Paint, Shipwrecks, and Craberrations - September 19, 2023