Xbox Game Pass is the subscription service known for always keeping a steady stream of usually pretty great games, and they’re quite notable for their selection of indie titles. They’re constantly updating it, adding new games, and occasionally taking out old ones. While it’s unfortunate, it does mean you’re always getting new things to try.
This year is no different, with Microsoft choosing to add an array of indie and big-budget titles from July 18th to August 1st, these titles being Techtonica, Toem, The Cave, Maquette, Figment 2, The Wandering Village, Serious Sam: Siberian Mayhem, Venba, and Celeste.
The Release Dates
- July 18th – Techtonica (Cloud, Console, PC), Toem (Cloud, Console, PC), and The Cave (Cloud, Console) – Techtonica is described as a co-op, resource-gathering simulator where you explore an alien world; Toem is an adventure game with a black-and-white, hand-drawn art style, and The Cave, an adventure game made by the studio behind Psychonauts and the creator of Monkey Island.
- July 19th – Maquette (Console, PC) – Maquette is a puzzle game where everything is simultaneously recursive, tiny, and massive, similar to Superliminal.
- July 20th – Figment 2: Creed Valley (Cloud, Console, PC) and The Wandering Village (Cloud, Console, PC) – Figment 2 takes place inside the mind, an action-adventure game with puzzles and music-based bosses, and The Wandering Village is a city building sim taking place entirely on a massive colossus.
- July 25th – Serious Sam: Siberian Mayhem (Cloud, PC, Console) – This is another entry in the classic Serious Sam FPS series, which takes place in Russia.
- July 31st – Venba (Console, PC) – Venba is a short story-based game about cooking traditional dishes for your family.
- August 1st – Celeste (Cloud, Console, PC) – Celeste is a tough-as-nails 2D platformer with a story about overcoming anxiety and climbing a mountain.
On top of these game releases, a few games will receive updates or DLC on Game Pass. This includes Naraka: Bladepoint, League of Legends, Sea of Thieves, and Dead by Daylight, all receiving updates and DLC at no additional cost to Game Pass members.
Unfortunately, a few games are also leaving the service on July 31st; this includes Dreamscaper, Expeditions: Rome, Marvel’s Avengers, The Ascent, and Two Point Campus. That’s about it for this Game Pass update.
If you’d like to hear more about these new games coming to Game Pass or read up on your favorite indie games, we’ve got you covered!
- Core Keeper Announces Shimmering Frontier Update - September 22, 2023
- Hades 2 Overtakes Hollow Knight: Silksong as Most Wishlisted Steam Game - September 22, 2023
- DREDGE adds Boat Paint, Shipwrecks, and Craberrations - September 19, 2023