Annapurna Interactive is one of the biggest, most consistently quality indie publishers in the business, and it seems they want to show this off with the new Annapurna Interactive Collection.
If you haven’t gotten any of Annapurna’s vast portfolio of titles, now might be the time to invest, since you can preorder the 12-game Annapurna Interactive Collection today.
This comes courtesy of Iam8Bit, which unfortunately means it is both physical only, pretty limited, and it costs $200 to preorder.
It comes with a physical cartridge containing every game and a few extra goodies, but that price can only be justified if all the games are really good, so I think it’d be great to know exactly what you’re getting into.
What’s in the Annapurna Interactive Collection?
This collection has the games on the cartridge, an art booklet that not only has some beautiful-looking concept art on it but also contains a bit of developer commentary for each game, and a case for your Nintendo Switch that is just black with the Annapurna logo on it if you wanted that for some reason. The goodies aren’t much, but the art booklet sounds neat.
But the real value comes from the games inside, so let’s go over each one, and you can decide if you think they’re all worth a collective $200 (which is the price of an entire Switch Lite in itself):
- Donut County – a silly game where you play as a hole, trying to ceaselessly devour every object you can fit under.
- Gorogoa – a hand-drawn, story-based puzzle game where you fix lovely pictures and experience some psychedelic visuals.
- Hindsight – a point-and-click story game where you explore the memories left behind in the objects you find around you.
- I Am Dead – a charming puzzle and exploration game where you find ghosts by exploring locations and finding their favorite objects.
- If Found… – a visual novel about coming out, erasing your past, and trying to live for a better future.
- Kentucky Route Zero – a dark and surreal point-and-click adventure where you explore the caves beneath Kentucky.
- Neon White – a game you probably already know about. It is a fast-paced first-person shooter, platformer, and card deck manager, where you play as lost souls exterminating demons from Heaven.
- Sayonara Wild Hearts – a Rhythm arcade game where you ride vehicles and have big swords in dream-like environments, and the rest of it is genuinely indescribable.
- Solar Ash – an air-skating open-worldish platformer where you go fast, get collectibles, and slay giant mechanical beasts—also known as “Better Sonic Frontiers” on Twitter.
- The Artful Escape – a psychedelic story game where you walk through incredibly trippy environments and interact with a bunch of different characters.
- The Pathless – is an open-world, puzzling exploration game similar to Zelda but with a greater focus on cool movement and a cool bird.
- What Remains of Edith Finch – a game that is half atmospheric walking simulator, and half mystery investigation game, both of them coming together with a great story.
It should be noted, though, that if you’re looking to get into Annapurna’s library of incredible titles, this probably isn’t the best way to go about it.
They’re currently doing a sale on Steam of a bundle of all 28 games they’ve published, and with the 10% discount, you’ll get every single one for $250, which is a bit more expensive but contains more than double the games.
On top of that, the Switch bundle has some notable exclusions, namely games like Storyteller, Twelve Minutes, Cocoon, Stray, and Outer Wilds.
If you want to experience Annapurna’s bangers, this might not be what you want, but it might be for you if you want to experience most of the games inside portably.
If you want to hear more on Annapurna’s most outstanding titles, or if you need guidance on these games if you decide to go for some of them after reading this, stick here for some great stuff.
- How to Unlock Every Character in Risk of Rain Returns - December 1, 2023
- Inscryption Developer Announces New Game Ahead of the Game Awards - December 1, 2023
- PS Plus December Adds Indie Open World Adventure Sable - December 1, 2023