This Zenith Terraria Guide will show you how to acquire all the materials and eventually craft the penultimate sword in Terraria.
It has an extensive crafting tree, and you’ll be better off collecting the items for it throughout the game. It is so complicated to craft that you’ll likely have to defeat the Moon Lord multiple times.
Why go through the trouble? Well, for one, it’s a beautiful weapon. Also, its attack animation is really freaking cool, and its damage per second (DPS) is insanely high.
Here’s all you need to know about the Zenith.
Bottom Line Up Front: The crafting materials needed, how to acquire them, and where to craft each sword along the way will be listed. We will make sure you know how to craft a Zenith in Terraria.
- You’ll need to craft or acquire all the swords listed here.
- The Zenith ignores enemy invincibility frames.
- You should start with a copper sword, so there is no need to craft one. Just put it in a chest and save it for later.
- There is no easy route to obtaining a Zenith.
- The Zenith is an Endgame sword.
Before starting down this path, make sure to continually update your crafting stations and pickaxe’s to be able to mine the strongest ores.
- You’ll need to collect a Hellforge from the Underworld to craft more potent items and eventually need to mine Chlorophyte Ore.
- You’ll need to craft some things by a Demon or Crimson Altar, which can not be moved but can be found in the Underground and Cavern areas of the map.
- You’ll need to make higher-level anvils and forges as the game increases. As long as you maintain this balance, you will be able to accomplish your Zenith goal.
- While the swords below may not all be needed in the final phases, they must all be acquired to complete the crafting tree that leads to the Zenith.
The following swords can be obtained before you defeat The Wall of Flesh.
- Every sword with (KEEP) at the end of how to acquire it will be used in the final crafting.
- Every sword with (NEEDED) next to it will be used in crafting swords that will eventually become part of the Zenith’s final crafting.
- Copper Shortsword: Crafted with 5 copper bars by any Anvil. (KEEP)
- Blade of Grass: Jungle Sporesx12 and Singersx12 by any Anvil. (NEEDED)
- Fiery Great Sword: Hellstone Barx20 by a Hellforge (NEEDED)
- Light’s Bane OR Blood Butcher: Demonite/Crimtane Barx10 by any Anvil (NEEDED)
- Nights Edge: Blade of Grass, Muramasa, Fiery Great Sword, and a Light’s Bane OR Blood Butcher by a Crimson or Demon Altar. (NEEDED)
Dropped by Enemies or Found in Chests
- Muramasa: Acquire gold keys in the Dungeon on your map, and use them to open Gold Chests in the Dungeon. One or more of these chests will contain this sword. (NEEDED)
- Starfury: Found on islands in the sky in skyware chests or Sky Crates fished in Sky Lakes. To reach the sky islands in Pre-Hardmode, it’s easiest to build ladders with wooden planks upwards to get to the sky area. (KEEP)
- Enchanted Sword: By breaking an Enchanted Sword shrine, there is a chance this may drop. These are usually found near the top part of the Forest Underground, but you may need to dig around a lot. If not, fish up Gold/Titanium Crates as it is a plausible drop from them. (KEEP)
- Bee Keeper: Dropped relatively commonly from the Boss Enemy: Queen Bee (KEEP)
These Swords can be obtained in Hardmode.
- Those with (KEEP) will be used in the final crafting.
- Those with (NEEDED) will be used to craft other swords that will also be used for making the Zenith.
- Excalibur: Hallowed Barx12 by a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil. (NEEDED)
- True Night’s Edge: Night’s Edge, Soul of Mightx20, Soul of Sightx20, and Soul of Frightx20 by a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil. (NEEDED)
- True Excalibur: Excalibur and Chlorophyte Barx24 by a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil. (NEEDED)
- Terra Blade: True Night’s Edge, True Excalibur, and a Broken Hero’s Sword by a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil. (KEEP)
Dropped by Enemies
- Broken Hero Sword: Dropped by Mothron during a Solar Eclipse after defeating Plantera. This is an item, not a sword. (NEEDED)
- Seedler: Uncommon drop by the Boss Plantera. (KEEP)
- The Horseman’s Blade: Rare drop by the Pumpking Mini-Boss during a Pumpkin Moon Event. (KEEP)
- Influx Waver: Uncommon drop by a Martian Saucer Mini-Boss during a Martian Madness Event. (KEEP)
- Star Wrath: Uncommon drop by the Final Boss: Moon Lord. (KEEP)
- Meowmare: Uncommon drop by the Final Boss: Moon Lord. (KEEP)
The Zenith is one of the hardest to craft items in the game, not just as a weapon. Its crafting tree is extensive. As seen above.
Here is the complete sword list that must be in your inventory when you prepare to craft it.
Zenith: Copper Sword, Starfury, Bee Keeper, Enchanted Sword, Terra Blade, Seedler, The Horseman’s Blade, Influx Waver, Star Wrath, and the Meowmare by a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil.
Below are the fantastic stats of this sword.
- Critical Chance-14%
- Auto swing
- Fires Multiple Projectiles, up to 3 at a time, at 190 damage and a Velocity of 32.
- Its Projectiles pass through blocks
- Rarity is Red
- Sells for a measly 20 Gold (WHAT?)
- The best Modifier is Legendary
Order of Collection
Having such a large collection tree can be daunting. Here’s a suggested order of collecting the swords and items needed to help you feel less burdened by the task. Because the Zenith is an endgame sword, this order of events may also be followed for game completion!
- Put your starter Copper Shortsword in a spare chest once you acquire one.
- Craft a Furnace and an Anvil.
- Build up to the sky and look for the Starfury (great early game grab, easy to build up to with wood).
- Build a Skybridge if you are having trouble locating a Starfury, but also because you’ll need it for boss fighting later.
- Go to the Jungle Biome and collect Jungle Spores and Stingers Underground.
- Craft the Blade of Grass.
- Defeat the Eye of Cthulu, the Crimson or Corruption Boss of your world, and Skeletron.
- Craft a Light’s Bane or Blood Butcher’s sword.
- Craft a Pickaxe from Crimtane or Demon Bars.
- Collect the Muramasa in the Dungeon.
- Dig to the Underground but don’t summon The Wall of Flesh. (It’s a good idea to make two large holes around your main town all the way down to avoid corruption spreading when Hardmode begins)
- Make some Obsidian accessories to gain immunity to fire blocks.
- Upgrade your armor and weapon with Meteorite or Hellstone gear.
- Craft a Molten Pickaxe.
- Craft a Fiery Great Sword.
- Lace your sky bridge with heart statues on timers.
- Take the Blade of Grass, Fiery Great Sword, Light’s Bane/Blood Butcher, and Muramasa to a Demon/Crimson Altar.
- Craft the Night’s Edge.
- Go to the Jungle Biome and Farm the Queen Bee for items, including The Bee Keeper.
- If you did not find an Enchanted Sword, do Fishing Quests and acquire good fishing gear, including the Golden Fishing Rod.
- Fish for Gold Crates in the Ocean until you get an Enchanted Sword. (Continue doing fishing quests for key items. See this guide for help.)
- Place the Enchanted Sword and Starfury in the chest with the Copper Sword.
- Use the Beekeeper to Defeat the Wall of Flesh.
Hardmode Steps (Pre-Plantera)
- Spend some time to get better armor and weapons in Hardmode.
- Place the Beekeeper in the chest with the Copper Sword.
- Craft a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil for making Hardmode equipment.
- Craft a Titanium/Adamantite Forge once capable.
- Once you have better weapons, dropped from Hallow Mimics or crafted, place the Bee Keeper sword in the chest with the Copper Sword.
- Once you have the best armor you can get before acquiring Hallow Bars, make sure to get a fast mount(a Unicorn works) and Summon your first Mechanical Boss.
- Defeat the Mechanical Bosses one after the other. Use the Sky Bridge, Heart Statue Timers, and a Fast Mount to make this easier. (Running back and forth fighting and collecting the hearts).
- Use the Hallow Bar drops to craft a Pickaxe Axe.
- Craft a True Night’s Edge.
- Mine Chlorophyte ore in the Jungle Underground with the Pickaxe Axe.
- Craft Chlorophyte Armor from the Chlorophyte Bars.
- Farm the Mechanical Bosses as you are able.
- Make an Excalibur and then a True Excalibur. (Probably will need more Chlorophyte Ore).
- If not using either the True Excalibur or True Night’s Edge, place them in the box with the Copper Sword.
- Make sure to collect Life Fruit and Avoid summoning Plantera until your health is maxed.
- Find a Plantera Bulb in the underground Jungle Biome. Dig out ample space for you to fight in. Continue to fight Plantera until you acquire the Seedler.
Hardmode Steps (Post Plantera)
- You should have wings, great accessories, and well-modified equipment to assist in late-game fights.
- The Seedler is probably the best weapon you can use at this point. Place other swords in the chest with the Copper Sword.
- Hunt the Dungeon for new items, weapons, accessories, and ectoplasm. Get plenty of ectoplasm (more than 30) before going to the Jungle Temple.
- Go to the Jungle Temple and collect Solar Tablets but don’t fight the Golem.
- Summon a Solar Eclipse until you acquire the Broken Hero Sword.
- Craft the Terra Blade. (The Seedler and the Terra Blade are both good enough to keep in your hot bar)
- Kill the Golem.
- Farm the Golem for the Picksaw.
- Craft Pumpkin Moon Medallion with Pumpkin x30, Ectoplasm x5, and Hallow Bar x10.
- Summon the Pumpkin Moon Event with the Medallion.
- Don’t be upset if you never finish this. You are only doing this until you acquire The Horseman’s Blade.
- I would take some time to dig and clear up some Hallow and Crimson/Corruption now. Upgrade your accessories and armor to their max.
- Make sure you are crafting some potions that also boost your regeneration, damage, etc. These fights are increasingly difficult if you don’t utilize these.
- Choose which sword you prefer, put the others in the chest with the Copper Sword.
- Fight the Lunatic Cultist, who should now be at the Dungeon Entrance.
- Do not engage the Celestial Pillars if possible, or at least don’t defeat all of them.
- Search the skies for a UFO(Martian Probe); attack it, but don’t destroy it.
- A Martian Madness event will happen. Keep activating these until you get the Influx Waver.
- Complete all the Celestial Pillars that fall and get ready for the big fight with the Moon Lord.
- You’ll need to fight the Moon Lord more than once to get the two swords it drops. The Meowmare and the Star Wrath.
- You can now craft the Zenith.
- The Terra Blade is better in wide-open spaces. Still, the Seedler is amazing in closed spaces, especially against The Golem.
- Farm Turtle shells for the stronger armor.
- Making Shroomite Armor is wise.
- Don’t rely only on one weapon.
- Make sure to always have minions summoned.
- Using Pinky’s pink gel, you can craft pink slime blocks. Place these under your sky ladders to stop you from falling to death.
Question: Is the Zenith the best sword in Terraria?
Question: Is the Zenith hard to acquire?
Answer: Oh yeah. Luckily, this guide should have helped you.
Question: What does Zenith mean?
Answer: Two very cool meanings, actually. 1. The time at which something is most powerful. 2. (In Astrology) The point directly above the observer.
Thank you for reading this guide to the Zenith. We hope it helps you on your journey to crafting the best sword in the game.
You’ll likely find yourself able to craft a great many things before you reach this moment, but that’s for the best. Suppose you are speedrunning to get this item.
You can ignore trying to clear up corruption/hallow and skip medium armors such as iron, gold, and cobalt. This will save you a lot of time.
Good luck and good gaming.
- Other Games Like Undertale Guide - February 4, 2023
- Muramasa Terraria Guide - January 31, 2023
- Torch God Terraria Guide: Fire Magic - January 28, 2023